They have questions, you have answers.
Running a website is great, you can get your information out there to sell your product, your service or just tell the world about something cool you did. And while it's also great to hear from people who use or appreciate what you did by the time you have answered the same question 3 times you will begin to 'nash' your teeth.
Enter the RapidWeaver plugin FaqMaker. With FaqMaker you can easily create answers to those questions and publish them as a FAQ that displays in a variety of styles. While it's certainly possible to create FAQ's using the other approaches within RapidWeaver FaqMaker is specifically designed around the concept of writing a FAQ and so it provides some very nice facilities.
- FaqMaker has the concept of a seperate "Short" and "Long" question. You can put the short question at the very top of the list and a longer question (with more details) near the answer
- FaqMaker can tag items as either being 'new' or 'modified' automatically
- FaqMaker can publish RSS feeds either by modified date or created date so people can monitor it in their favorite RSS reader
- FaqMaker can automatically create a PDF version of the FAQ for folks to download & print.
- FaqMaker is really linkable -- Every entry can be linked to from either the web or from within RapidWeaver. All entries are directly 'clickable' from a RSS reader.
- FaqMaker includes the ability to comment & rate FAQ items using the fabulous js-kit
- FaqMaker allows you to easily arrange & categorize your FAQ entries.
FAQ's are great tools to provide folks information and FaqMaker is an incredibly easy way to generate them.
So go ahead and give it a spin. You may want to check out the quick start guide or the FAQ to get the most out of it.